To view this CV as a printable PDF, please click here.
I am a positive and determined person, and pride myself on my ability to interact with many people from different backgrounds. I enjoy working with others to discover their strengths and weaknesses that enable us to work most effectively together. Being punctual and working to deadlines is important to me, and I am creative with a love for learning new things and expanding my skill set. I have a passion for making a difference – I hugely enjoy volunteering and spending my time helping others.
My skills include: Writing, Public Speaking, Communication, Social Media, Volunteering.
LEEDS BECKETT UNIVERSITY: 2015 – 2019
I am currently studying towards a degree in Public Relations at Leeds Business School, a part of Leeds Beckett University. In my first year I achieved an average of 70%.
History B, Sociology B, English Language B.
GCSE 2009 – 2013
English Language A*, English Literature A, Child Development A, Maths B, Statistics B, Science C.
CAFOD – REGIONAL COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT
May 2017 – May 2018
• Increasing awareness of CAFOD in the North West and North Wales by writing press releases and liaising with journalists to ensure coverage.
• Interviewing volunteers.
• Managing local volunteer centre’s social media and blogging platforms.
• Monitoring social media mentions of the organisation to identify relevant stories.
• Working with communications volunteers to equip them with the skills needed to be able to run social media channels and gain media coverage.
CREATIVE SUPREMO – PR INTERN
August 2016 – Present
• During my summer internship at Supremo I took ownership of the Twitter account of the Creative Cup, scheduling tweets and engaging with participants.
• Writing press releases and trying to secure coverage for recently launched projects.
• Producing relevant industry content for the blog and promoting this using SEO techniques.
LEEDS BECKETT COMMUNICATIONS – PR INTERN
April 2017 – May 2017
• Writing press releases to gain coverage in regional news publications. This included simplifying complex academic studies into a press release format.
• Focusing on both internal and external communications, including writing stories for the Leeds Beckett website and internal newsletters.
CLEARSILVER BRAND MARKETING – PR INTERN
November 2016 – March 2017
• Writing copy for charity and B2B clients to be shared online, on websites and on printed materials.
• Creating media lists to support the various campaigns Clearsilver were running.
• Writing press releases for both long and short lead media.
HEART RESEARCH UK – PR INTERN
January 2016 – November 2016
• Writing and sending out press releases about local fundraisers and projects using Cision.
• Writing copy for the HRUK website and social media accounts. R
• Speaking to and interviewing supporters in order to convey their stories and gain press coverage was one of my favourite parts of working with Heart Research UK.
• Contributing to the planning of HRUK’s ‘Day in the Dales’ event, researching potential stall holders and contacting the relevant organisations.
LEEDS BECKETT STUDENTS’ UNION – RAG SOCIETY PRESIDENT
February 2016 – February 2017
• Chairing meetings, managing the social media accounts and helping to organise events.
• Ensuring the long term sustainability of the society and recruiting volunteers.
• Supporting the committee in arranging socials and making sure that other day to day tasks like ensuring rooms are booked were carried out.
MENINGITIS NOW – YOUNG AMBASSADOR
2013 – Present
• Organising numerous events, including live music events.
• Representing the charity by speaking to the media (including Radio Aire, Made in Leeds, the Bolton News, and Salford Advertiser) and attending events such as receptions at the Houses of Parliament.
• Delivering petitions to Downing Street and the Department of Health.
• Writing blogs aimed at young people (as students are the second most at risk group) on the topic of meningitis, linked here: http://bit.ly/1PZYpXG